ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this episode of the Going Pro Yoga Podcast, we are answering the most commonly asked questions that come up on yoga trainings.
Having taught and led many yoga teacher trainings, these really are the repeat offenders that always get asked.
So take the opportunity to get all of the answers firsthand right here!
We discuss muscle cramps, how they happen in yoga, and what you can do about them.
We cover some anatomical questions about poses like pigeon and tadasana.
Plus Byron goes deeper on why yoga should hurt so good.
And how exploring your edge and your pain tolerance is part of understanding your yoga practice.
These questions and answers could really help you out in your own practice to avoid common mistakes and injuries.
Also, as a yoga teacher, understanding some of these answers could be really valuable to share with your own students.
- (00:00) Going Pro offer
- (02:51) Why do people get muscle cramps during yoga?
- (03:55) Your breathing might be affecting your muscle cramps…
- (05:47) Nutrition and your diet affects muscle performance
- (07:16) Should you practice yoga with your feet together or apart?
- (08:49) The anatomical approach is…
- (10:56) Does yoga have to hurt?
- (12:00) Exploring your edge
- (13:08) You need to know your own pain tolerance
- (15:05) How to align the front foot in pigeon pose?
- (17:37) Byron’s fondness for pigeon
SPECIAL OFFER: Become a founding member of the much anticipated Going Pro Yoga Platform!
A sneak peak of what’s inside:
- The first EVER Priority Cueing System for over 120 yoga poses, with over 300 variations and modifications, to refine your teaching
- The first EVER Sequencing Vault with over 70 videos to plug-in-play and create your own sequences in minutes.
- The first EVER Injury Management and Injury Prevention Program for Yoga Teachers from yours truly
- And so much more..
When you become a founding member, you’ll NEVER have to pay a monthly subscription, you’ll get access for life, and you’ll receive all updates and addons.
The perks of being the first ones in the door!
Add your name and email to the waitlist and be the first one in the door!
GOT A QUESTION?
Comment at the bottom of this page or send us a voice message. We’d love to hear from you.
This Podcast is Co-hosted by one of the most respected yoga teachers from the world-renowned Yoga Barn in Bali, Indonesia, Paul Teodo and, internationally recognized Physiotherapist and rehabilitation specialist, Michael Henri.
– – –
WANT TO TRAIN WITH US?
Check out our Online Mentorship program – where we focus on getting you ready to stand out from the crowd and be the most professional yoga teacher you can be!