ABOUT THIS EPISODE
In this very raw episode, we go deep on yoga teacher pet peeves!
Things that really commonly piss us off as teachers, and happen universally in all types of yoga classes.
Byron and Michael both share some personal stories and insights into their own experiences of yoga class pet peeves.
Plus if you’re a yoga teacher there are some great insights and pointers in here for how to deal with some of these issues if they occur in your classes.
It’s also valuable to take note as a student in case you have any of these bad habits yourself.
Maybe you aren’t even aware, but you might be pissing off your teacher.
So, at the very least, understanding your bad habits could help you be a better student.
- (00:00) A special Going Pro offer
- (02:11) Byron is PISSED OFF!
- (03:22) Students showing up late, GRRRR!
- (05:00) Locking your students out of class
- (06:05) Michael’s lateness broke time itself…
- (07:35) Instagram content shouldn’t be captured in a yoga class
- (09:15) Parents parenting in class, DON’T, instead just be a student
- (10:26) When Byron snaps at a parent…
- (12:12) Interrupting the class with a question
- (13:49) Talking ruins the practice for other students
- (14:30) Going off sequence
- (16:17) The beauty in everyone’s flaws
- (17:32) Pet peeves are rooted in your childhood
SPECIAL OFFER: Become a founding member of the much anticipated Going Pro Yoga Platform!
A sneak peak of what’s inside:
- The first EVER Priority Cueing System for over 120 yoga poses, with over 300 variations and modifications, to refine your teaching
- The first EVER Sequencing Vault with over 70 videos to plug-in-play and create your own sequences in minutes.
- The first EVER Injury Management and Injury Prevention Program for Yoga Teachers from yours truly
- And so much more..
When you become a founding member, you’ll NEVER have to pay a monthly subscription, you’ll get access for life, and you’ll receive all updates and addons.
The perks of being the first ones in the door!
Add your name and email to the waitlist and be the first one in the door!
GOT A QUESTION?
Comment at the bottom of this page or send us a voice message. We’d love to hear from you.
This Podcast is Co-hosted by one of the most respected yoga teachers from the world-renowned Yoga Barn in Bali, Indonesia, Paul Teodo and, internationally recognized Physiotherapist and rehabilitation specialist, Michael Henri.
– – –
WANT TO TRAIN WITH US?
Check out our Online Mentorship program – where we focus on getting you ready to stand out from the crowd and be the most professional yoga teacher you can be!